THE INTEGRATED APPROACH
The integration of the two sets of core values of Hotel Future, that of ensuring the commercial viability and success with creating a “learning environment” is achieved through ensuring the following key principles are met.
1. Developing the culture and ethos of theprogramme that recognises the importance ofthe integration and the contributions made byall of the parties
2. Setting the professional hotel and academicstandards and expectations that will berecognised, understood and adhered to byall of the stakeholders within the operation
3. Ensuring the integration and the blendingof the curriculum within the operationalneeds of the hotel whilst maintaining thecommercial success
4. Building the confidence and sharedunderstanding of all of the partners and thelearners in developing this unique opportunity
5. Promoting and celebrating the valueand importance of realworld learning withinHotel Future The benefits to local and nationalhospitality education and training will besignificant. Not just the direct benefitsof skilling, reskilling and up-skilling the localworkforce with skills shaped by a programmesdesigned by employers for employers, butthe additional benefits of creating Hotel Futureas a national centre with its innovative andcreative approach to meeting the industryneeds at all levels and acting a catalyst forraising the standards within the hospitalitysector.
“workplaces provide a strong learning environment developing hard skills on modern equipment and soft skills through the real world experiences of teamwork, communication and negotiation”
OECD, Learning for Jobs
“The workplace offers a very high quality environment, allowing students to acquire practical and professional skills on up to date equipment with practitioners familiar with the most recent working methods and practices”
OECD, Report on vocational education and training